Intergas Xtreme 36 fault code n150

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had an Intergas Xtreme 36 fitted in June to replace an ageing boiler.

The wife was running a bath just now and I thought the boiler was quite noisy, like a loud vibrating noise. Looking at the boiler the spanner symbol was flashing and fault code n150 was displayed.

The water was still running hot.

Turned the hot tap off and the boiler stopped. Turned a tap back on (in the sink) and boiler fired up producing hot water. No flashing spanner and no fault code.

Looking at the manual there is no "n" fault codes only "f" codes.
I do think the manual is slightly out of date anyway as the boiler doesn't quite follow what the manual says. (later software perhaps?)

Can anyone explain an n150 and is it something to worry about?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I’ve done quite a lot of googling but can’t find much on this fault code.
But just found this from a Dutch website.

In addition to malfunctions, the Intergas Xtreme can also indicate notifications on the display. Pay attention! So this is actually not a fault code. Notifications are displayed if an abnormality occurs somewhere in the system that does not affect the vital functioning of the system. In the event of a notification, the central heating boiler will continue to work. Notifications will disappear if the system is able to fix the deviation. The following notifications can be displayed: N030, N152, N202, N245.

N150 is not mentioned but it appears to be a notification code not a fault code.
I have contacted my installer but he hasn’t come back to me yet.

Would still like to know what n150 means if anyone knows.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
N150 is not mentioned but it appears to be a notification code not a fault code.
I have contacted my installer but he hasn’t come back to me yet.
Perhaps your installer doesn’t know, Razor may do (muggles has tagged in).

Sponsored Links
As a follow up to this thread we have had an Intergas engineer look at our boiler.

n150 is a notification code that the heat exchanger is running too hot. In my case this is displayed as the boiler is running hot water into the bath.
I have also seen a n200, which is the same meaning but is displayed after boiler shutdown. Seems to be an either/or?

The engineer decided that as it is a new boiler the first thing he would try is to alter some perameters.
Firstly he enabled the display so that I can now see what the boiler is doing, to a certain extent. He also set P070, maximum DHW capacity, from 100% to 80%. He also altered a couple of other perameters, but I'm not sure what they were.

We then ran hot water into the bath and measure it with a temperature probe. It was running at 46/47 °C.
He reckoned that the 35°C hot water difference (delta?) hadn't been set up correctly.

The DHW flow rate seems to be as good and have not noticed any difference when using our digital shower. But since then we now get an n200 after running the bath. No more n150s.

The engineer did say this was first steps and to get him back if it wasn't sorted. I guess I'll be calling Intergas on Monday.

I can provide some readings when the boiler is running if that would help anyone?
I wonder if @Razor900 would like to jump in and make a comment? It would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back