Interim W'pfing single skin exterior blocks prior to render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I really need to find an interim solution to hold back the damp from coming straight through the 4" block wall when we have any rain from that direction.

The wall will be rendered in the new year, but I'm desperate to move stuff back into the garage and out of the kitchen before I get strung up by her in doors, but it is too wet at the moment!

So, what product can I put on this wall that won't cause any problems when the plasterer comes in the new year please?

Thanks in advance
Tom

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi, and thanks for your reply.

Forgive my ignorance, but do you mean make a nice sloppy (slurry) sand/cement mix and trowel it on?

Thanks
Tom

use your sika gear then maybe a SBR slurry coat over the top.
or EML the wall then apply the silka gear or the slurry coat that way you have a key to render onto?? you could use a mono fiberglass mesh bedded into the scratch coat as a back up from cracking.

Iv done a water proofing job we just done a sbr scratch coat then s/c top

slurry coat if mixed a little stiffer could be troweled on but we just use a heavy pile roller or brush or even a T gun if you have one

slurry coat if mixed a little stiffer could be troweled on but we just use a heavy pile roller or brush or even a T gun if you have one

Its nice to see young plasterers( like yourself) coming thru the ranks and using all the modern equipment and getting to know about all the modern and up to date methods that are now being used. Anything that makes our trade easier is always going to be a bonus to new plasterers coming into the trade and others that are already in the trade. But most of all the new products go completely over my head as I am still stuck in the time warp of "Old School" materials and traditional methods, too late for me to change now but I am glad that lads like you and others are carrying the trade on and good luck to you all,,,But most of all, always have pride in your work.. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back