Interior Brick Finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We have removed the plaster off our front room chimney and want to make it a brick feature. Whats the best product to put on the brick to give a good interior dark brick finish?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can buy a brick selaer in the DIY hops..I normally use a couple of thin coats of ol based matt varnish to bring the colour out

Cheers we'll give it a go.

CPEA I am doing a very similar job, could you post regarding how you got on please ? Also could I ask, how did you clean up the bricks after removing the plaster ? mine seems to be taking an age however I attempt it :cry:

Regards

Andy

Sponsored Links
If you're struggling cleaning up brick, the only real thing that can work is 'brick acid' (muriatic acid), otherwise try using brick slips to clad it and keep the effect (more cost there of course)- you can tile directly onto masonry provided it's stable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back