Interior design tips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just laid birch laminate floor but finding it difficult to find a complimenting wood for the skirting. Its hard to find birch skirting or birch wood stain. Can anyone help? If it helps i have cream (ivory) painted walls.

Sponsored Links
So many different opinions and tastes...everyone will give you a different answer

Me..id paint the skirting the same colour as the walls to create a softer effect

I think its a nice contrast if your going to have a woody type floor to have your skirtings painted.
I have been working in homes, where they have wooden doors and floors, and stained skirtings and frames, and IMO it looks bloody awfull, it looks too woody.
So a nice bit of contrast will set your floor off nicely. :D

skirtings are not part of the floor so shouldnt be the same imo. i dont know if youve got beeding or if you floored under the skirting, if you have beeding same applies imo-match it to the skirting not the floor.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your helps guys. It seems that all are in favour or the painted skirting. Now that i have the feedback it seems to make sense. Thanks Again

Frankly speaking I always seem to get short of ideas when it comes to decorating the home be it painting or be it furnishing. I always tend to come up with so many ideas and at the end of it all mix up things and then am in a dilemma as to which idea should be implemented. Since then I have stopped taking these decisions myself and have decided to make this work done by professional decorators who know their job best. I have no complains now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back