Interior Door question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best solution for odd sized door frames. My flat is and older style .e. brick walls and high ceilings.The door frames are all different and I would like to know is it better getting the frames resized and buying standard doors (78" x 30") or getting doors "made to measure".I need 4 x doors.2 x glazed and 2 plain white panelled doors.

Sponsored Links
Well, the Living room door is 84 x 33,the bedroom has a pane of glass bbuilt in to the upper frame above the door and is 83 x 29 and the other bedroom is 82 x 29.Complete nightmare.

Sponsored Links
johnmac said:
the Living room door is 84 x 33
The only way for the 33" is the exterior door (860 x 2065 = 33 7/8" x 81 1/4") which you have to make up for 2 1/4" on top by lowering the door frame head.
You may get away with 78"x 30" wide door by cutting 1/2" off each side and again lowering the door head.
Same again as above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back