Interior door supplier?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been "advised" that we need new interior doors :eek:
4 upstairs and 3 down.
Quite like the look of the modern vertical rail/panel style like this...
image.jpeg

...with a combination of white finish for upstairs, glazed and unglazed for down (yet to be decided)!
I have a trade account with Howdens and Magnet but would like to hear of any recommended online suppliers that the joiners and 2nd fix chippies on here regularly use, as always, looking for a quality product at a 'reasonable' price :sneaky:
Ta very much for any offerings...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have used them a fair bit, they're pretty good and most of the stuff is ex stock. But do make sure they have stock of what you want as on one occasion, they omitted to tell me that something was out of stock, they delivered most of the doors with others to follow and when I asked when the others would arrive, it was 12 weeks.
But yes I would happily recommend them.

Ah yes, "door deals". I remember them. My internal doors are all peculiar sizes and I've never found a good source for custom-size doors. Door Deals looked great - in the "custom size doors" section they list a plywood flush 30min fire door for only £39. But then when you click some more, you discover that for a custom size you have to add another £147 :(

@chappers: thanks for that, I will keep that in mind.

@endecotp: I think I would approach my local joiners if I had that sort of assorted opening problem - if it ain't Off the shelf, it's Off the scale :sneaky:

Ah yes, "door deals". I remember them. My internal doors are all peculiar sizes and I've never found a good source for custom-size doors. Door Deals looked great - in the "custom size doors" section they list a plywood flush 30min fire door for only £39. But then when you click some more, you discover that for a custom size you have to add another £147 :(
If you ever need something like that again, just by a solid core blank and cut to size and lip it up be around the £100 mark, some don't even need lipping

Yes, I did eventually discover "unlipped" doors, aka "door blanks"; it's one of those things that is impossible to google for unless you already know exactly the right terminology.

I've not bought any yet, though; it may happen later this year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back