Interior Wall Insulation Victorian House

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there - hoping to get some advice on interior wall insulation - currently renovating a bedroom (inc. stripping back the old plaster back to brick) and thought I'd use the opportunity to add some insulation to the walls. The back external wall should be easy which ever way I go down, but I'd like to insulate the window wall as well if possible even if only by a small amount. The problem is I'd like to (well the missus has ordered) that the window frame is left intact. My current thinking is to use some of the thinner insulated plasterboard on that wall which should give about a cm left of the window frame.

My concerns are twofold - one - If I'm limited by the thickness of the window wall insulation is there any point adding thicker insulation to the back wall? Two - whether having the insulation up against the side of the wooden window frame with give me any issues. Any advice on whether this would be worth doing or how to resolve any potential problems would be appreciated!

Thanks

Daniel

Sponsored Links
If I'm limited by the thickness of the window wall insulation is there any point adding thicker insulation to the back wall?
Yes, every little helps.

Two - whether having the insulation up against the side of the wooden window frame with give me any issues.
My vote would be to argue with your wife. There's nothing special about that window framing -it's not even an original window for heaven's sake! Just insulate and apply a new framing. You may even be able to re-use the old mouldings (or buy even nicer stuff).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back