Interior window removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,
Firstly apologies if this is in the wrong section.

My name is Stu Mansell. This is my first post but perhaps not my last as I've just moved in with my girlfriend and I see a future of lots of gruelling DIY tasks to come!

My question is about an interior window.
The flat we live in has been converted from commercial offices and and I can only assume that this was some reception area or office that needed a window.

Its a frosted glass window approx. 4'x4' set into the plaster board wall and I want rid of it. As well as letting in light when the lounge lights are on it can also be rather noisy when people are in the lounge and I wanna sleep

How easy is it to get that window out and fit in a square of plaster board so we can have a proper wall?

Any advice/tips/instruction would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Stu

Sponsored Links
Should be. Just to check is in actual fact a dummy window (my interpretation) can you check if there are gazing beads nailed around the perimeter of the glass, holding it in place? A photo would be good...pinenot

Hi thanks for your reply, I'm not at home right now but I'll upload a photo and check the things you suggested tomorrow! cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back