Interlocking Blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to build a new garage this year but have not decided what type of construction to use. If I go for normal concrete blocks I will have to get a bricky to lay them as I could not do it accurately enough. One option I am looking at is a kit garage with metal frame and box profile sheeting for the walls and roof. This would be easy to put up but might not be acceptable to the local council. I have recently been told about some hollow interlocking concrete blocks which you lay dry and then fill the cavity with concrete. Has anyone tried these and what are they called :?:

Sponsored Links
The cheapest & the easiest for the diy'er are the pre-cast slab garage kit. You either love them or hate them :!: Mind you there're some nice one now.

I did look at the prefab concrete ones but they seemed very expensive.

Sponsored Links
see item 9
ok.gif

fido, i think you are on about "beco wallform" they can be laid by your average diy-r. polystyrene interlocking blocks that are then filled with concrete. check out the link.
http://www.becowallform.co.uk/

dj.

Thanks dj, these are not what I had in mind but they are a possibility and I have contacted the firm for more info. I wonder how you tamp down the concrete without bursting the polystyrene? No, the blocks I had been told about were made of concrete, so could provide an exterior finish if required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back