Intermitant Hot Water from Ideal Isar HE24 Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I wonder of anyone can help me. We moved into a brand new house 5 years ago and recently we have been experiencing boiler problems.

A few months ago, the boiler wouldn't light, we saw the error code on display and checked with the manual, it said it was the ignition electrode. We got that fixed, problem solved.

Recently, we have noticed that the hot water from the taps or shower runs hot / cold / hot / cold / luke warm etc.... but there is no error code this time on the display! I've let the water run and had a look at the boiler and it appears to light up as the burner light comes on, it stays on for about 30 seconds and then it goes off, flashes for a few seconds, goes off for 20 seconds or so and then relights and goes through the cycle again.

I've read a couple of threads on simular problems but with different boilers, but wondered if anyone could help me with the diagnostic of our problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ben

Sponsored Links
could be that the secondry heat exchanger is choked up, needs taking out and flushing through.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back