Intermittent double leak in water tank - can I fix it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My hot water tank has sprung a couple of leaks, assuming coincidentally but if someone could say otherwise I'll stand corrected.

It's been installed for roughly 3 years and has started to drip from one of the bolts underneath the expansion vessel (18l Zilmet). Before I get a plumber out, is it worth trying to tighten up the bolts? It's a very slow drip which I'm guessing is coming from the bolt as the lowest point, rather that actually leaking from the bolt. Looks like it's basically a couple of plates bolted together(?)

Other leak is from the underside of a Danfoss HPA2 unit. Again, just seems to leak when the boiler first fires up and doesn't lose a lot of water (maybe 10ml/day). Is this likely to be something that needs to be tightened, or something more sinister?

Sponsored Links
I'd feared that might be the case - easy to fix? Does the system need to be isolated and drained or is there any way to easily swap it out?

Sponsored Links
You could try tightening up the EXV bolt in case, but don't hold your breath.

A close up photo looking up underneath the motor valve might show something.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back