Intermittent engine judder - Citroen C3 Picasso

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for any suggestions on where to start...

I've got a 2011, 1.6 diesel Citroen C3 Picasso. Has done around 90k miles. I've owned the car since Nov 2021. Summer 2022 I started having an occasional issue with the engine juddering and losing power when driving uphill (actually only ever did it on one long (2.5miles), but not particularly steep hill). It's on my commute, so I drive it every day, but the problem occurred sometimes and not others. It would do this for a couple of seconds, and then clear, then do it again, and so on.... Once at the top of the hill, it returned to normal. Driving elsewhere (including other hills, and steeper hills) there is no issue. Over the summer it became more regular and eventually I had the fuel filter replaced in mid-August. This seems to cleared the problem.

Fast forward to now, and the problem has returned - same hill, same problem, same irregularity. Started doing it very infrequently, perhaps once a month, but gradually becoming more often. Last night I limped to the top of the hill at 30mph, the night before I drove up at 60mph no problem. It was serviced last month, so filters, oil, coolant etc... should all be ok. I've had no warning lights at any point.

I can't replicate the problem elsewhere, so short of taking a mechanic home with me every night until it happens, and they can experience what it does, I'm not sure what to do??

Sponsored Links
I reckon one of the injectors has gone in the huff......does the engine management lamp flicker at all?
John

Sponsored Links
Back