Intermittent very hot and cold water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a viessmann combi boiler 35kW WB1B Series. around 7-8 years old.

Called an engineer and he replaced
Service cock hose from the main heat exchanger to pump, but this didn't resolve and came up with a FC fault so called
Viessmann engineer - came and cleaned inside burner and the Main heat exchanger, replaced fan, electrdoe, flue seal, temp sensor and said it shoud resolve the problem.
This didnt resolve and was then told that the boiler needs a new plate Heat exchanger but that didn't resolve the prolem either.

Any comments would be appreciated

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Not much else to replace
Might be an idea to replace what has not been replaced, that might cure the problem :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

someone suggested to check the pressure in the expansion vessel, not sure if this has anything to do with the very hot/coldwater issue

someone suggested to check the pressure in the expansion vessel, not sure if this has anything to do with the very hot/coldwater issue
No it doesnt, I would be looking at the pump, you should have just got a fixed price repair from Viessmann before you had all that changed

Sponsored Links
No it doesnt, I would be looking at the pump, you should have just got a fixed price repair from Viessmann before you had all that changed

The pump has been replaced too. (just noticed I had missed that in my op)

Viessmann did come on a fixed price repair when i got the FC fault and it was afterwards they said that there may be issue with the heat exchanger which has now been replaced.

Last edited:
The pump has been replaced too. (just noticed I had missed that in my op)

Viessmann did come on a fixed price repair when i got the F2 fault and it was afterwards they said that there may be issue with the heat exchanger which has now been replaced.
Just get them back and tell them they havent sorted the problem they wont charge you again if it is the same problem

Sorry just corrected my post the fault they came to fix was FC

I have a viessmann combi boiler 35kW WB1B Series. around 7-8 years old.

Called an engineer and he replaced
Service cock hose from the main heat exchanger to pump, but this didn't resolve and came up with a FC fault so called
Viessmann engineer - came and cleaned inside burner and the Main heat exchanger, replaced fan, electrdoe, flue seal, temp sensor and said it shoud resolve the problem.
This didnt resolve and was then told that the boiler needs a new plate Heat exchanger but that didn't resolve the prolem either.

Any comments would be appreciated

Pretty much the only thing left to replace is the boiler casing....

If they are changing all these parts surely would be more economical to just replace the boiler??

had the boiler service 4 months back, so I presume that would have been checked.
looking at the report there is a mention of 3.15 against gas rate

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back