INTERNAL CORNER TROWEL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi could anyone tell me how to use a internal corner trowel.i know it sounds like a stupid question,do you use it for aplying plaster to the corner or for finishing the plaster i dont know.and can you use it on just one wall.

Sponsored Links
hi
get the skim as good as poss then put some on the tip pull it all the way down
let it dry in dont panic itll keep even if its nearly gone leave it then trowel up on second trowel pull it down again

the twitcher is used just to straighten the corners out lay your 2 walls on hold the twitcher at an angle so just the tip of the twitcher along with just the edge of the blades are touching the walls it helps to put a little bit of plaster on the nose then apply firm and steady pressure then run the twitcher down if you see any misses stop and go back over that spot with the twitcher to fill in any misses or deviations, go just over half way down then reverse the twitcher and come up from the ground to do the bottom part of wall, if the twitcher leaves any lines trowel them out, and yes sometimes i twitch just one wall the twitcher still straightens the wall up even though the adjoining wall is dry

steve, you'll be glad to know i've been using my twitcher all week m8 and like it now i've got the hang of it.

i use it when flattening in each coat/application, a bit on the nose and run it down the corner and then up from the bottom, then immediately trowel out the lines that the wings leave.

Sponsored Links
steve, you'll be glad to know i've been using my twitcher all week m8 and like it now i've got the hang of it.

i use it when flattening in each coat/application, a bit on the nose and run it down the corner and then up from the bottom, then immediately trowel out the lines that the wings leave.
nice one monkey i knew u would get there ive just thrown my old mt twitcher in the bin its bent so using a new one i bought ages ago i cut the corners off with tin snips and filed them so there round thats a good tip there m8 there are no corners to dig in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back