Internal door glass shattered

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have these doors in my house. When I arrived back from my weekly trip to Asda on Sunday, I discovered that one of the panes had shattered. I think it must have happened as I entered the house as I could still hear the glass creaking and the pieces were just starting to fall out.
I have no idea how it happened, the door was wide open and I never slam my doors etc. It will remain a mystery.
Anyway, I now need to repair it. I took the door outside today to remove the pane and clean it up.
I suppose I will have to get a new pane from a glazier but what do I do about the three diamond shapes? They are intact but appear to be bonded onto the shattered glass and I can't recover them.

Sponsored Links
Stivino, good evening.

You could consider an insurance claim??

Finding a replacement [especially just now] will be a challenge? is there any way of finding the maker of the door? if not it could be down to trawling the net to find a replacement or a close match for the diamond shapes

Ken.

I phoned my insurer, I have a £500 excess so that is a non starter. I've had the doors for nearly 5 years, I phoned the supplier to ask if there was any chance of getting a reeplacement glass. I was told that they have discontinued the door although I can find the door on the internet from other suppliers.
I could get a piece of glass cut to fit, the only problem is the diamond shapes.

Sponsored Links
It's not the tape that I need, it's the diamond shape that goes onto the pane of glass.

Then, that door won't match the other doors.
It was toughened glass that was in it and of course I would replace it with the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back