Internal Floor Level and external DPC level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm building an out-house - can the internal floor level be lower than the external DPC Level? i.e. Screed come to lower than the DPC brick? Looking to try and get some more internal height - will this cause any damp etc. issues?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 20.39.24.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 20.39.24.png
    176.8 KB · Views: 2,631
Sponsored Links
are you workin with an older structure or is this all new work?
usuly you keep the insde floor well above the outside ground level.

Don't see why it should create damp so long as the dpc is continuous as shown and there is no bridging with the existing dpc

Blup

Don't see why it should create damp so long as the dpc is continuous as shown and there is no bridging with the existing dpc

Blup

I'm not sure it will be continuous actually as they will be two seperate sheets - they put the DPC roll inbetween the brick and built up from there without dropping it down to the floor. I am yet to put the the DPM roll on the floor / cement etc.

Sponsored Links
are you workin with an older structure or is this all new work?
usuly you keep the insde floor well above the outside ground level.
It's all new - an outbuilding at the back of the garden. Outside ground level will be at least 150mm below the inside ground level

ok,i dont see what the problem is. given its new build you canset the DPC's , an the FFL to what level above ground you want.
to gain head height just build higher.

or am i confused an youve already built up the walls - cavity walls?

ok,i dont see what the problem is. given its new build you canset the DPC's , an the FFL to what level above ground you want.
to gain head height just build higher.

or am i confused an youve already built up the walls - cavity walls?

Yes - they have already built up the walls - the floor's not done which we're going to do next..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back