1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Internal insulation and building control.

Discussion in 'Building' started by arc5, 23 Aug 2017.

  1. arc5


    9 Nov 2016
    Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

    I'm planning on insulating a 'single brick' wall in my house. I plan to attach a vapour sheet, wood batten on top and then fix Celotex PL4060 on top. The plasterer will then skim the plasterboard face.

    Do I need to notify the council before doing this work. The guy at reading council thinks this comes under 'upgrading a thermal element of a house' and therefore requires visits from a building inspector and £108 admin charge. Does this sound right? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited: 23 Aug 2017
  2. DIYnot Local

    DIYnot Local

    3 Sep 2019
    United Kingdom

    If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

    Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

    Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

  3. Sponsored Links

Share This Page