Internal plaster skim corners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I am currently skimming plasterboarded walls in my newly built extension and am wondering the best way to finish the internal corners. I have seen some completed on building sites i have worked on and it looks as though some sort of brush stroke has been used. Is anyone aware of this or method, or the best method, many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
always try and skim opposite walls first, allow to set then do the rest. this avoids wet angles, a nightmare if you've never plastered before or don't own a twicher (an angled trowel designed for finishing in wet corners). some spreads do leave brush stokes in corners, less lazy ones trowel them out.

That`s not all the buggers used to leave in corners :evil: specially the corner with the soil pipe in :evil: :evil: Dirty bastards ,they were..chasing the ££ so much they never left the house they were spreading. :eek:

Sponsored Links
I was wondering this too as I have quite a few strange shapes corners that the trowel wont go into in my loft conversion.

sometimes spreads "roll" the plaster into certain angles i.e. staircase bulkheads, dormer ceilings, this is a more difficult task as the trowel can catch. not for the inexperienced.

when i say "roll", i mean instead of having a distinct angle where wall and ceiling join, build up the plaster until you have a curve instead of two separate elevations. this is only really suitable where acute angles exist (as in your image ) and a single paint colour all over.

Oh I see now, creating a curve with the plaster. I wouldnt even try that though :oops:

Well guys, I saw that done last week @ my house in Sussex ;) by my son who`s being taught by his Father in Law. I must say I`m proud. I can do plumbing, but can`t plaster to save my life. :LOL: Ps. I warned him not to **** in the corners. That`s strange Artex patterning you`ve got :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back