Internal render not set

Sponsored Links
Hey boys, please dont squabble :)

THIS MORNING MY RENDER IS HARD (y)

So it must have been a bad bag of cement!!!

I would like to thank EVERYONE, stevethespreader, WannabeDIY, Vinn, Chris_o, Roy c and Nige F for all your help and input (y) (hope i havent forgotten anyone)

The scratch coat is usually the first coat on the wall then the float coat then skim, but some times you have to "Dub" it out first to get an even scratch coat so you can float it. Well that's the way I have always done it !! But I am willing to learn "new" methods or am I missing something?
I was going to mention dubbing out tbh I never ever measured how thick my scratch coats were lol was taught to do a tight scratchcoat with dub if it needs it most times you can get away with dubbing out as you go but if the wall is too bad best to dub out a bit first

Sponsored Links

I would like to thank EVERYONE, stevethespreader, WannabeDIY, Vinn, Chris_o, Roy c and Nige F for all your help and input (y) (hope i havent forgotten anyone)
Either that or the Feb you put in if you put to much of that in it can effect how your cement goes off and also

It could have been that but it could have been that you put to much Feb mix in the mix the first time, to much will kill it also its supposed to make it pliable stop shrinking and easy to work with like lime so could account for your stickiness but glad you sorted it looks like your husband is one lucky man to have a woman get stuck in like you have fair play

You know stevethespreader, you may have a point there!! I have been thinking about the amount of Feb mix and it could be a possibility i put too much in the first time (y) i will have to watch it for next time!

oh and thank you, my husband is a lucky man ;) i cook, bake, clean, render, build, strim, chainsaw, tile, run, horse ride, karate oh the list is endless ...... cause lifes too short to sit and do nothing (y)

You know stevethespreader, you may have a point there!! I have been thinking about the amount of Feb mix and it could be a possibility i put too much in the first time (y) i will have to watch it for next time!

oh and thank you, my husband is a lucky man ;) i cook, bake, clean, render, build, strim, chainsaw, tile, run, horse ride, karate oh the list is endless ...... cause lifes too short to sit and do nothing (y)
Yep make the most if your health and youth while you can

Yes WannabeDIY will post feedback from Bostik when i get it (y)

=================================================

Gentlemen - and ladies in this thread

Please:
Thicker skins, and necks wound in, would be nice.
Stop calling people silly names.
Stop reacting when they're silly enough to do it, raise an Alert if you think that's warranted.
Stop jumping on every post certain regulars make.
It's all getting boring.

Otherwise we'll have to go though deleting rubbish and banning posters, which is even more boring.

Mod

=================================================

Last edited by a moderator:
ok Bosik replied at last. Make of it what you will :sick: maybe use all the bag of ciment and not leave it open to use later??

From

Btk_SERVICE-CONSO-ASSEMBLE-REPARE%ADH Btk_SERVICE-CONSO-ASSEMBLE-REPARE%[email protected]

Hello,

First the ratio between all the ingredients are on right rate.

For me the probléme must come on , low cement reactivity, beacause i take moisture
Cement could take moisture during storage ( bag open, storage room with some moisture , etc...)

Best Regards,

Le service consommateurs

ok Bosik replied at last. Make of it what you will :sick: maybe use all the bag of ciment and not leave it open to use later??

From

Btk_SERVICE-CONSO-ASSEMBLE-REPARE%ADH Btk_SERVICE-CONSO-ASSEMBLE-REPARE%[email protected]

Hello,

First the ratio between all the ingredients are on right rate.

For me the probléme must come on , low cement reactivity, beacause i take moisture
Cement could take moisture during storage ( bag open, storage room with some moisture , etc...)

Best Regards,

Le service consommateurs
Lol what he's saying is the cement was exposed to moisture in storage effectively killing it

oh right. Not sure how that could have happened, but know what to look out for next time. Thanks Stevethespreader

Moisture from the air. The powder is probably hygroscopic.

Hi Nige F,
Does that mean i have to use a complete bag each time (it's 12 euros a bag) and not leave an opened bag until i want to use it next time?
If i put the half bag in a large air tight paint container can i use it later?

Last edited:
The paint container idea sounds good - perhaps then try a sample from there before you cover a large area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back