Internet purchases

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a jacket for Dave's nephew on the internet last week from America.
I paid for the transaction via my visa card (about £46)

On Wednesday I received an email from them saying they were changing there credit card arrangements and although my card had been charged they would arrange a refund - they then asked me to pay for the transaction via paypal.

I have contacted visa yesterday who told me the money had been taken out but not as yet refunded.

I have email the jacket place and said I would be happy to pay via paypal once my visa had been refunded - the website where I purchases the jacket from is 'temporary unavailable whilst updating'

Does this sound a bit dodgy? I'm worried I may not get my visa card refunded

Have any of you had problems buying from abroad via the internet?

Sponsored Links
JulieL/B said:
On Wednesday I received an email from them saying they were changing there credit card arrangements and although my card had been charged they would arrange a refund - they then asked me to pay for the transaction via paypal.
Can you go online to check your credit card statement, I know when you buy with credit card, you can see it on the statement almost straight away but refund might take a little while though.
I have contacted visa yesterday who told me the money had been taken out but not as yet refunded.
Best to wait and see what happen first.
I have email the jacket place and said I would be happy to pay via paypal once my visa had been refunded - the website where I purchases the jacket from is 'temporary unavailable whilst updating'
I have seen this a few times and they have to do this when they can, normally in a quiet period.
Does this sound a bit dodgy? I'm worried I may not get my visa card refunded
My Barclaycard is protected by internet fraud, so I should think all credit cards are the same?
Have any of you had problems buying from abroad via the internet?
My 2 boys buy stuffs from USA mostly from ebay never has any problem so far and I just had a delivery from Hong kong!

Julie, try ringing your card company again and ask them if there is anything pending. Very often they will just tell you the actual transactions without looking for pending payments :rolleyes:

Tbh, I have bought loads of stuff on my credit card from the USA and so has my eldest son. In fact, most of his clothing comes from USA. We've never had a problem with any of it - yet!

Hope you get it sorted soon

Sponsored Links
I would definitely phone the Visa company again. Might be worth asking them NOT to allow any money to go out to anywhere in the US without your permission.

I have bought many things from the US before too, and with no problem. My concern at your situation is that the company had already got your money - if they were in receipt of it, then I don't understand why they want to give you it back, and take it again. :confused:

Back