Internet question?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hye I live in shared house and we are in the process of installing NTL broadband. there are 4 of us and we all need the internet. I know a router would be the trick but would you recommend a wireless or with wire. the only problem is that i am worries the cable will not be long enought o reach every room.

Does anyone have any recommendation

Also i attempted to hook my dell laptop to the internet. it has a ethernet port but when attempting to install the internet (ntl) it came up with the error that there is no netwrok adaptor. Anyone know what this means? Also no lights were flashing on the thernet connection.

Sponsored Links
The choice is yours really.

When you say the cable won't be long enough, I assume you are using pre-made patch cables? You could always buy a reel of Cat5e cable, route it and then crimp the RJ45 ends yourself. It's really quite easy.

Wireless is an easier option, but you need to make sure you have adequate security enabled. I always recommend Drayek routers for home use.

Is the ethernet adaptor enabled in the BIOS? Also, some laptops don't actually have the ethernet hardware installed (ie, it's an option) even though the socket exists. They are usually covered up though.

Sponsored Links
Back