Interphone so loud

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

So a bit of context – been in a block – converted block of 4 flat for about 7 years.

Interphone was change about 2 years prior the pandemic.

Prior that it was not working properly or at all.

Now thanks to the pandemic and working from home and that we have a brand new interphone, I hear each flat buzzing the interphone when delivery arrived for the other flat or when people come in.

I have reduce the noise for mine so I do not jump each time the bell rang – but if we were to reduce the volume in the handset at the other flat, would that reduce the noise when they rang the other flat?

Or is there in the main one an option to reduce the sound?

I am thinking to disconnect the whole things as it is driving me nut…. (once twice a day to hear the ring ok – but a dozen or more times is extreme….)

Many thanks,

Attachments

• 20220211_071047.jpg
    20220211_071047.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 20220211_071108.jpg
    20220211_071108.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 67
Sponsored Links
Do you mean you hear it through your own speaker? If so it may be due to bad screening practices of the cabling causing interference. The cables might not be screened at all, or just very poorly installed.

Do you mean you hear it through your own speaker? If so it may be due to bad screening practices of the cabling causing interference. The cables might not be screened at all, or just very poorly installed.

not through my interphone / handset - but what I mean I can hear the buzzer that people rung from outside when people ring it when I am inside the flat.

I guess and assuming here, when they ring the buzzer, the buzzer noise that will advise neighbors get transmitted via the outside intercom and that is what I hear.

Hope that help.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Might help if we know the intercom model ?

I have retrieve the original quote we had
To supply and install a 3 Button Door Entry Kit in place of existing 1 X Handset to be installed in each flat Electric release to be installed on rebated front doors to work in conjunction with existing lock. 3 button entry panel adjacent to entrance

Model is not provided but look very similar to this model
https://doorentrydirect.com/bell-sp...ubZNklUPYqtX7cdq5LM_Vvjhu4gsR-e8aAiUTEALw_wcB

https://www.shg-uk.co.uk/bell-system-door-entry-audio-kit-3-way-audio-door-entry-903n-885-p.asp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back