problem with telephone intercom system in apartments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I live in a converted flat and have a problem with my telephone intercom system. When someone buzzes through to my flat from outside. I am able to hear them throught the telephone handset in my flat. However they are not able to hear me when i speak into the handset.

None of the other flats in my building are experiencing the same problem. So the problem is not the speaker system outside the flat. It must be a problem with the wiring/handset inside my flat.

Does anyone now how i can find what make the intercom system is so that i can have it repaired. Also can anyone suggest what type of person is best suited to testing and repairing such a problem.

Would really appreciate any help i can get on this one.

Ollie

Sponsored Links
Your average electrician should be able to sort this for you.

The make is likely on the reverse of the handset when removed from the wall, or inside it if it is not obvious from the front.

It sounds like your handset is faulty, and for the price of a new handset it is not worth repairing.

Thanks for your reply. I managed to find a local security company that repair and replace intercoms so will give them a go.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back