Intumescent strips and Fire doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI There, What is the preferred method of hanging a new door regarding 'what goes on first? Is it ok to fit the intumescent strips (in this case) mounted on the frame carcass firstly before hanging the door. I have CE rated hinges and intumescent pads for them.

Sponsored Links
whatever,if the frame is routered out then go for it,if not then router out the door.

If the strips are the ones with brushes then definately fit last thing to save them becoming gummed up and hardened with paint.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replying. They are the plain strips (no brush). The reason I was wanting to fix the strips in the frames first before all the ironmongery was put on, is that I am expecting some help soon with hanging the doors. I noticed that the rebates on some of the frames were not good and needed cleaned out to get rid of splinters so if I can get the strips on it will save a heluva lot of time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back