Invisibility Cloak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In this month's 'Chemistry World' there is an article on Invisibility Cloaks, and that they will be available within 18 months.

The developers admit the cloaks will not be perfect, and I am sure the cloaks will be used for academic and scientific purposes only.

But let's extrapolate; what 'scientific purposes' would you use an Invisibility Cloak for?

Sponsored Links
notb665 said:
In this month's 'Chemistry World' there is an article on Invisibility Cloaks, and that they will be available within 18 months.

The developers admit the cloaks will not be perfect, and I am sure the cloaks will be used for academic and scientific purposes only.

But let's extrapolate; what 'scientific purposes' would you use an Invisibility Cloak for?

ive got one but i cant find it anywhere :LOL:

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL: Why would you need to? No-one would be able to see the creases!

notb665 said:
:LOL: :LOL: Why would you need to? No-one would be able to see the creases!

You would want to be presentable in case you had an accident of some kind, and let's face it, you will be far more likely to be knocked down by a car when you're wearing your invisibility cloak!

notb665 said:

Leering at women without them knowing.

Oh sorry, that's not scientific is it.

pickles said:
notb665 said:

Oh sorry, that's not scientific is it.

What if you kept notes, would that make it scientific?

pickles said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you think about how your eyes work, anything that made you invisible would also render you blind....

ban-all-sheds said:
pickles said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you think about how your eyes work, anything that made you invisible would also render you blind....

They told me that about some other habits when I was teenager and they were wrong. :LOL:

ban-all-sheds said:
pickles said:

This is quite correct. I remember my junior school teacher saying this when I was eight and it not making a blind bit of sense to me, but I get it now....

However, I think I read something about this invisibility cloak a few months back, and it is more like chameleon-like camouflage, so that the back has micro-cameras in, and the front has micro-screens (and vice versa) so that you kind of have an image of what is behind you on your front, so the effect is going to be a bit like in the Predator films rather than pure invisibility. With the addition of a pair of eye holes cut out, obviously.

johnny_t said:
However, I think I read something about this invisibility cloak a few months back, and it is more like chameleon-like camouflage, so that the back has micro-cameras in, and the front has micro-screens (and vice versa) so that you kind of have an image of what is behind you on your front, so the effect is going to be a bit like in the Predator films rather than pure invisibility. With the addition of a pair of eye holes cut out, obviously.

Will it have a zip fly, it might be a bit awkward fumbling with buttons if you can't see them. Will it have a detachable lining in case it's a bit nippy out?

so the effect is going to be a bit like in the Predator films
will it have those neat guns that pop up out of the shoulder?

I reckon the only reason the alien in Predator wanted to be invisible was because he was so f*****g ugly!

Sponsored Links
Back