Invisible Back Board fixing ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Similar to the picture above, I have a back board that is spaced off of a wall by two 30mm strips.

I guess I can fix the strips to the board but then I need to fix it to the wall.

Alternatively I could fix the strips to the wall and fit the back board to the strips but I am looking for some ideas or links?

Thanks in advance
Kevin

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure I understand the picture - are you talking about a headboard for a bed?

Have you considered split battens? It's a good trick for something that you may want to move later.

No, not a headboard, it is a back board for a TV to hide Cables etc.

What are split battens?

Cheers
Kevin

Sponsored Links
Split batten: take (say) a 100x30mm plank and rip it along the length at 45deg. Now you have split the batten into two strips that have a cross-section like a lean-to shed. Fix one piece to to the wall, horizontally, with the short face against the wall and the "roof" upwards. Fit the other piece to the backboard with the short face to the backboard and the "roof" downwards. You can then hook the unit on the wall. Two or thee sets will secure most things.

Or buy the modern plastic versions... :confused:

What I call a French Cleat.

You could also use two section of Z-shaped steel hanging rail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back