Inviting quotes / installer for replacing BAXI back boiler with BAXI 630 Combi Reading area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, after 3 years in property coaxing the BAXI back boiler along I'm ready to replace it. Main reasons for replacing are I need a new boiler that can pass a gas safety test to be able to let out property if I choose in the future.

Boiler to be fitted in Airing cupboard.

3 bed semi - one bathroom with Aqualisa pumped digital shower that can be converted.

At the same time I've a water softener to be plumbed in the kitchen - some diversion of internal mains plumbing required.

Regards

Cliff

Sponsored Links
From the information above a ball park figure around £3k

Could be more or less after a site visit,how would you like to pay :?:

From the information above a ball park figure around £3k

Could be more or less after a site visit,how would you like to pay :?:

Hi Old&Cold, thanks for your reply. I can pay by what ever method is most convenient :)

Sponsored Links
Main reasons for replacing are I need a new boiler that can pass a gas safety test to be able to let out property if I choose in the future.
Why will your back boiler not pass the required tests?

Why will your back boiler not pass the required tests?
Hi durhamplumber, it may very well do with some or no work, but it's as much the serviceability side as it is the certification. It's a pumped CH, gravity HW system and the boiler has a tendency to lockout when just being used for HW. I could pay to have it converted to fully pumped and I'm sure it would work a treat but that just doesn't make sense given the circumstances. A combi will suit my purposes / life style the best - I'm away quite a bit and heating a tank of HW only for it to go cold again is daft. I'm not looking for a blind online quote (though ball park would be good). I've decided for my own reasons I want a new BAXI 600 Combi (SS hex, 7 year warranty, Opentherm, reasonable price) so I'd like to find a good installer that is qualified / accredited to fit BAXI. Regards Cliff

I will never comment on cost, but a bit of avice your BBU will be cast iron and the system water will be like mud, make sure that you get a quote for a proper flush and a magnetic filter , dont just go for the cheapest as the warranty will not stand if it is not done properly, any quote that is less than 2 days is not worth considering

remember that accreditation does not guarantee skill. Manu's award accreditation on the basis of units sold, although you do typically get a longer warranty

I fit baxi 99% of time but choose not to be accredited to them .Some of local guys accredited on baxi site would struggle to do there own shoes up and that would be with velcro .
Use some one recommended by friends and family . The 630 is a nice quiet little got its quirks but a good boiler

Thanks gas112, agree, I don't need them to be accredited I just want to find someone who wants / is willing to fit what I want, which is the BAXI. So far I've been peddled Glow-worm and Ideal. Also yes ianmcd, I'll want the system properly flushed again prior to install, although it shouldn't be too bad as I've took all bar one rad off and flushed in the garden last year when I replaced the pump and cleaned the dumball valve. I'm a glutton for punishment!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back