IP cameras and Mac addresses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive been having problems with a wireless IP camera ,its a ZXtech Tropox II 2mp wireless.
Basically if i use the cameras IP address from my PC browser I can access the camera no problem and can read all the settings and can read the MAC address(and see and image).
However it is constantly going On/off.
I have found on my virgin router that if I go into the router settings,I can see the camera IP address but the Mac address is different from reading it on the PC browser.
Why would the IP address be reading the same but the mac address be different.
This might be something easy here that I am missing.
Help appreciated.
Neil

Sponsored Links
Are you looking at one device using your wan address and one internally?

Either that or perhaps something with a fixed address may be clashing. Are the first three bytes of the address the same? If not, check which vendor they belong to. Search the Mac address vendor codes on Google.

The last four are different looking at the IP cam looking via pc through router ,where looking at the cam on the NVR the mac is correct.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back