IPx4 flex connection plate

oo7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

I've an extractor fan to fit in zone 1 of a bathroom. I want to fit the fan without having to chase the wall out to run cables in behind the fan. I can get the cable through the bedrooms cupboard to the wall right next to the fan (at 90deg), I was then hoping to fit a connection unit and a little flex to the fan however I can find a connection unit that's IPx4. Anyone of you guys able to point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Chris.

Sponsored Links
I don't think you will find any with IP ratings so -

any flex outlet plate will do, bottom exit would be best or -

you can fit a 'false' one with the actual connections on the other side of the wall.

Thanks for your input.

I wouldn't go for the first idea but you could be onto an idea for a new product with the second (a blanking plate with a flex inlet point).

Sponsored Links
... you could be onto an idea for a new product with the second (a blanking plate with a flex inlet point).
As I'm sure he knows, many manufacturers got there before he mentioned this 'idea'. In fact, AFAIAA many/most blanking plates have a knockout/cutout for cable entry, but there are also plenty of made-for-the-job items (usually called 'flex outlet plates', rather than 'blanking plates') which also have a cable grip.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back