IR Cone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, hopefully you can help me.

Just before I moved into my flat a new bathroom suite was fitted. Soon after this I noticed the floor in a kitchen cupboard was damp and on inspection I found water had seeped through most partitions and the bathroom carpet was gradually getting wetter.

Anyway, a plumber was called and he said whoever fitted the bath hadnt tightened something properly and a pipe was leaking everytime the bath water was let out. I had no more problems with this.

Now the toilet seems to be leaking. not just in one place but two. There is a plastic pipe which obviously chnnels the water from the cistern to the toilet bowl when it is flushed. Last week I flushed the toilet and the pipe and a rubber bung/seal shot out of the toilet bowl side. Although this was an inconvenience I know it is only water. The seal looks hard and cracked and somebody told me it may be called an IR cone or something like that?

I pushed it back in but today it shot out again. The bit I am more concerned about is that the toilet isn't screwed tightly to the floor and now any movement causes water to dribble out of the waste pipe. I assume this is due to the movement of the toilet but any advice would be appreciated.

Should I be able to fix this problem or will I call a plumber?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
the part you need is a ajc ( arm joint cone) by the sounds of it you have an internal one fitted. you can get external ajc if your wc pan is not contentental. otherwise plumber has cut flush pipe too short, and water from flush is forcing pipe n ajc to pop out

if its not long since u had this fitted u should get him back to fix it FOC. But if he could'nt make a good job when u were paying it dont look good for a freebee.

Sponsored Links
gingerbreadman said:
the part you need is a ajc ( arm joint cone)
Never heard of that name before - where did you dig that up from?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back