Irish Jokes

There's nothing like a good analysis of a joke ...... and that was nothing like a good analysis of a joke.

Sponsored Links
At least comedians like Bernard Manning, Mike Read and Jim Davidson were genuinely funny.

Can't raise a laugh at the latest crop of comedians these days. Michael McIntyre - yawn. John Bishop - groan.

Occasionally a comedian comes along that is genuinely funny, eg Lee Mack, but most are just boring these days.

At least comedians like Bernard Manning, Mike Read and Jim Davidson were genuinely funny.

Can't raise a laugh at the latest crop of comedians these days. Michael McIntyre - yawn. John Bishop - groan.

Occasionally a comedian comes along that is genuinely funny, eg Lee Mack, but most are just boring these days.
They used to be gagsters. Modern trend seems to be interlinking stories and human observation. In effect, they make us laugh at our own foibles - Peter Kay and Lee Evans are pretty good at this IMO.

Went to see that weirdo Russell Brand a few years ago - he completely misjudged it and the audience barely raised the occasional polite smile.
Jack Dee was good in his heyday -saw him live and he was pure class.

Sponsored Links

They used to be gagsters. Modern trend seems to be interlinking stories and human observation. In effect, they make us laugh at our own foibles - Peter Kay and Lee Evans are pretty good at this IMO.

Went to see that weirdo Russell Brand a few years ago - he completely misjudged it and the audience barely raised the occasional polite smile.

Yes, have to admit Lee Evans is good sometimes, and Jack Dee is a pro.

Best two comics I've seen live in recent years were Frankie Boyle - very unPC, so on my level and Jackie Mason. He was very funny, and built his act on laughing at the Jews (ie. himself) and the gentiles (us).

I'm afraid to say it, especially to anyone of a PC disposition, but the best ever I saw live was Mr Manning. Was crying with laughter, my ribs actually hurt the next day.

Yes, have to admit Lee Evans is good sometimes, and Jack Dee is a pro.

Best two comics I've seen live in recent years were Frankie Boyle - very unPC, so on my level and Jackie Mason. He was very funny, and built his act on laughing at the Jews (ie. himself) and the gentiles (us).

I'm afraid to say it, especially to anyone of a PC disposition, but the best ever I saw live was Mr Manning. Was crying with laughter, my ribs actually hurt the next day.

Must admit I have also seen Bernard Manning Live and the show was very very funny..............also Chubby Brown if you get the chance see him

The funniest comedian I ever saw was Billy Connolly who had me literally crying with laughter.

Compare that to some of the rubbish that's around today - Lee Nelson for instance. Is there anyone that thinks his show is remotely funny? Some bloke eating dog food or kissing a fat woman!

I think his show is "well cr*p"

billy connolly is as funny as a sore tooth, kevin bridges is funny though, on the subject of jokes , if jokes about the irish or even the scots are harmless why no english jokes? is it because Humour in this country is Anglocentric therefor it follows that the Scots are mean and stupid, the Welsh are sheepshagging and sly and stupid (i.e. the term " to welsh") and last but not least the Irish who are just stupid and stupid. :LOL:
Looking back to the seventies some of the jokes would make most people these days cringe with embarrassment.
American humour is far superior to British, look at sargent Bilko he is still funny to watch.

At least comedians like Bernard Manning,

Bernard Manning in particular was a filthy racist. He gained his popularity by making jokes against those whom his racist audience disliked.

He never poked fun at narrow-minded northern racists, because the offence that caused would have reduced his popularity within his target audience.

At least comedians like Bernard Manning,

Bernard Manning in particular was a filthy racist. He gained his popularity by making jokes against those whom his racist audience disliked.

He never poked fun at narrow-minded northern racists, because the offence that caused would have reduced his popularity within his target audience.

Dunno about that JD. I used to watch a documentary series about Bernard Manning and the club he owned in Manchester did have Asian clientèle, who found him very funny. Some of his close friends were Asian too.

Sponsored Links
Back