Iron Lady !!

f909d9e7.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sheez, "that woman' seems to be stalking me. On every bus, advert hoarding, TV commercial break. Scary.

DH

Sponsored Links
So what did she destroy
Apart from the british coal mining industry you mean? Not to mention the belgrano....to start an avoidable war to win an election.
scargill killed the mining industry. Don't be stupid.And would you have rather seen the falklands lost.If you think the falklands should be "British" take a look at a map. They lie off the coast of Argentina, on the other side from here of a very big ocean. They are a remnant of days gone by and should be given back to Argentina. The inhabitants should be given the choice to stay under Argentinian rule or come back to the UK. As well as more British casualties. The Belgrano was about to try and fire on a British ship.By all accounts she was steaming away at the time. Let's just say that war came at a very convenient time for a very unpopular government, and resulted in them winning the next election by a wide margin. So please try and talk from an upper orifice. Not your lower one.Take your own advice.

This will always go on.
Trouble is the minority will never accept the country needed her.

So what did she destroy
Apart from the british coal mining industry you mean? Not to mention the belgrano....to start an avoidable war to win an election.
scargill killed the mining industry. Don't be stupid.
I'm interested to hear your answer, I was young at the time and just remember some of it, wasn't it because the mines were closed and being heavily subsidised as it was the most expensive coal in the world and not profitable? I think the biggest problem is the UK consumers and it's well known don't like paying anything that's expensive so it was cheaper to buy coals abroad but no good for the British economy. From what I understand or can remember was that Arthur Scargill refused to accept new practices and most people don't like changes and if you don't then you're going to price yourself out of the job. I do think the miners were being used to bring the government down by Arthur Scargill, he tried to act like he's bigger than the government and Maggie Thatcher showed him that's not the case! I know Maggie Thatcher has good and bad points but I do think Arthur Scargill destroyed the mining industries single handed and the rest of us because we wants cheap, done very well out of it hasn't he? Am'I right or wrong?

I'm no mining expert but it wasn't Scargill that killed the mines. That was a government decision for whatever reason. They decided that it needed doing and they did it, they planned for it beforehand, and they wanted to break the miners union which they also did.

I'm no mining expert but it wasn't Scargill that killed the mines. That was a government decision for whatever reason. They decided that it needed doing and they did it, they planned for it beforehand, and they wanted to break the miners union which they also did.

One reason i think is they were going to be inundated with claims for whatyoumacallit, not asbestosis, the other one, so by closing down the mines saved a lot of money in claims. :( :( :( :(

The tories blamed the miners for bringing down the Heath government. They also wanted to break the unions and the miners were one of the strongest. So, they killed two birds with one stone.
I remember the very first thing the tories did when they got elected in 79 was to give the police a massive pay rise across the board. They knew what they were planning and wanted to make sure they had the full backing of the police.

Why did she get shot at the end?

Oh.....I bet you voted YES to the Lisbon referendum both times ya diddy....Cheers for that! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

This will always go on.
Trouble is the minority will never accept the country needed her.
Since she never got more than 43% of the vote, I think you've got that a*se about face.... ;)

Sponsored Links
Back