irony

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im watching on itv2 +1 'the perfect storm'

batten down the hatches guys,apparently where in for a rough 1?

Sponsored Links
I agree. We are a nation of panickers these days, and the press exaggerate things which doesn't help.

Mind you, I understand that trees have been blown over and a few people have died.

Sponsored Links
We had a very large branch snapped off a tree in the kids play area a few yards away but other than that its all calm now.

If you'd checked your weather app you'd have seen there was no panic.

If you'd checked your weather app you'd have seen there was no panic.

Who panicked? :eek:
I was actually looking forward to seeing it! You can't beat watching a good storm from the comfort of your home.

Yeah but they always miss the big ones. :confused:

The media are far too keen to big it up and generate a news story.

Just like snow. Oh the whole of Britain is paralysed,! No! some areas in the north that are prone to severe weather lose power and get snowed in while in the rest of the country lazy tykes decide it’s a good excuse to say they can’t get to work.

The trains don’t run if a twig falls on the line even in good weather, case of crying wolf too often. When people do get caught out the emergency services criticise them, but people just don’t believe these scare stories any more.

According to the forecast down here we should have had 90mph winds! I got some damage on a couple of old fence panels and had to tie up my neighbours fence that was leaning a bit!

Sponsored Links
Back