irrigation pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
need to run a cable 200metres to the river for an irrigation pump, the pump is 240v will not be swa will be buried 600mm deep in conduit.
What size cable do you think i need?

Sponsored Links
I have a feeling there is a rather vital piece of information missing here...

mead said:
if you havent got an answer dont post

If thats what you want, then I may as well have the mods lock the post now, no one is going to be able to give you an answer with with the incomplete information you have provided.

Sponsored Links
mead said:
need to run a cable 200metres to the river for an irrigation pump, the pump is 240v will not be swa will be buried 600mm deep in conduit.
What size cable do you think i need?

what adam is saying is. what will the pump be using energy wise. ie, what wattage is the motor. you cant work out the cable size without this VITAL bit of info.

what sort of conduit are you using? it should be metal conduit. Do you have the correct tools for making off the ends of metal conduit?

where does it state to use metal conduit in the regs crafty?

RMS said:
where does it state to use metal conduit in the regs crafty?

i know the ESQCR says that all burried live conductors (other than at joints) must be surrounded by earthed metal, I belive 7671 has a similar clause though i can't give an exact reference.

so either the cable needs to have such a layer built in (SWA,split con,MICC etc) or it needs to be in metal conduit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back