Is £8 per square metre about right

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been quoted £8 per square metre to plaster the new kitchen (4.8m x 4.7m) + smooth ceiling. This includes materials but is plus vat.

Sound about right?? works out about £545 plus vat

Sponsored Links
seems pricey to me,

i have just skimmed a kitchen last weekend which was about 4m x 3m
and i charged him £180 all in

done it in one day, mind you i did have a labourer for free for the day :D

prices are higher in london though, if you were in brum you would probably be looking at two day work £350 all in .

have you had any other quotes??? also is this just a skim???

basically kitchen remodel, so tile adhesive and some bare blockwork as well as wire chases to deal with. However the £8 was quoted without seeing any of this and was just simply a figure as an all in price I think

basically kitchen remodel, so tile adhesive and some bare blockwork as well as wire chases to deal with. However the £8 was quoted without seeing any of this and was just simply a figure as an all in price I think
so basically patching chasing and reskim and skim ceiling, yes a bit steep, also because he has quoted you blind looks like he has added some on to cover himself, if i were you i would get someone to come round to view the job to see what needs doing and give you a proper quote

Sponsored Links
As I understand it the price down south are cheaper than up north at the moment. I was getting 12 per sqm not so long back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back