Is a boundary wall a boundary?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The building regulations say that a fanned terminal should be at least 300 to the owners side of the boundary when discharging down the garden.

If there is a 200 thick boundary wall separating the properties then would it be safe to assume the flue should be 300 from the centre line of that wall when the wall stops say 700 below the terminal?

Tony

Sponsored Links
boundaries should be marked with outermost extremity of the wall or fence on your land

in other words should be fully on the land of who ever is responsible for maintaining the boundary

Yes Tony that is the way I understand it. The neighbours could only build the wall up to the halfway point of the wall as this is where their rights end.

You will find that I think the right hand wall is yours and the left hand wall the neighbours :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
not necessarily.

there might be something in the deeds/recorded at the Land Registry (which you can easily buy a copy of)

or it might be half-way through a party wall.

I could have swore that that MI's used to show alittle picture of this on the same page as the flue temination measurements with the centre of the party wall being used to measure the 300mm from, just checked the Vaillant MI from today and cant see the picture anymore. Must be going mad.

LCGS, some of them still do!

This 200 mm wall follows the party wall between the two houses and forms a shared "party" garden wall.

As I expected there is some divergence of opinion!

Let me ask the question another way.

How could CORGI criticise if the flue is 300 mm from the centre line of the shared garden wall? Remember the wall is not as high as the proposed flue outlet.

Tony

The regs show the face of the wall as infinite, so it would fail if the kennel club was able to use a tape measure, or for that matter give a dam. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back