Is a professional needed?

What am I missing, why would it be a bad idea, and how would they be fed?
Two options - their own dedicated circuit, or connected to a local lighting circuit that's regularly used.

Own circuit has the disadvantage that it can be turned off and left like that. Battery backups are a thing, but they will eventually fail, leaving no protection.
Local lighting circuit is preferable as if tripped or turned off, people will notice immediately.

Sponsored Links
A minor works certificate for the circuit extension/alteration as specified in BS7671, and a certificate for the smoke alarm installation as specified in BS 5839-6.
That's what I was looking for.
Thanks.
My boy initially said to them to do one but they insisted that after the grenfell incident they wer were doing all of this for free, no charge to the leaseholders.
I bet there will be charges in the next year accounts to the sound of 10 million.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back