Is Acrylic capped polymer resin tray strong, previous ceramic tray cracked..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am wanting to buy a new tray and enclosure due to our old tray cracking.
The old tray was a ceramic tray and wasn't on a solid base, it was held up just with the metal prongs it comes with.

We are looking at a walk in shower as a whole replacement. I noticed the tray says the material is Acrylic capped polymer resin. I don't really know about the differences, it says lightweight but strong, but the lightweight bit worries me a little because does that mean it won't be as tough and strong as a ceramic tray?

I noticed on my old tray it showed a weight limit of 21st which I am a little over, so that is the issue of needing it to be able to hold that weight.

On the new tray I cannot find a weight limit, but if installed correctly or with good support, should that be fine?

The enclosure and tray I am looking for is on the following link:

Tray and enclosure.

Regards
James

Sponsored Links
The trick with loading and weight bearing is ensuring there are no voids below the tray once it is set down. However that is achieved is down to professional preference and the tray design/shape.

Ideally where a greater weight bearing requirement is needed then a stone resin tray with a flat underside would be my recommendation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back