Will and acrylic walk in tray be flat to the floor with no uneven weight points

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have posted a couple of posts recently, but just asking
We have had a new shower enclosure and tray delivered, the tray is an Acrylic capped polymer resin tray.

Basically, our old tray was a ceramic and was heavy but was raised on legs. this cracked recently due to weight.

The only thing that worries me if after the new one has been delivered, the tray is really really light, it's 1200 x 900

I guess the fact it's so light is worrying me a bit that could mean it's not going to be as strong as one i have already cracked?

I guess one thing i am hoping is, in the packaging it looks completely flat on the back, i am assuming it's going to be installed directly on the flat floor, so should weight not be an issue at all as no weight would be making it give at any point, or is that wrong?

I have talked to the installer about this being a worry and he did just say in his years installing them he's not had an issue.

James

Sponsored Links
It's a big lump of fibreglass. If the floor underneath deflects, it'll bend with it and not crack.
Your only problem will be if the floor is moving a lot when you get into/out of the shower the seal between tray and wall may fail. Solution is fix the floor (25mm ply).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back