Is an airless paint sprayer worth the investment?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all! I have a 5 bedroom home (½ duplex) and I need to paint everything (interior and exterior). My brother and I will be doing all the work and I was thinking that an airless sprayer could really cut down the time. One person could spray and the other could back roll. I went down to the Home Depot and they said that the problem is that airless sprayers will take an extreme amount of prep. work. I would only want to buy if the amount of time saved would pay for the sprayer. I also was looking at the power rollers. Does anyone have any advice as I don't have any experience with painting.

Sponsored Links
Lot of expence for one job and airless spray machines, in the wrong hands can be deadly..literally...mine comes with its own set of advice notes to give to a doctor if theres an accident!!

A decent one can actually blow a hole in your skin...then you'l have probably an hour or so to say your last goodbyes and pay off any debts...unless you get help quick!

It also takes a while to muster the skill involved in using one...by the time you have done this you could have painted the place with a brush an roller

Powered rolleres are ok in principle...they dont actually put the paint on quicker as such...you just svae time by not having to keep turning round and bending over to charge it up...but you cant keep apinting like that for long...you arms will be hanging off

My advice...stick to a brush an roller

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back