Is an extractor fan in cloakroom notifiable?

In common sense terms, I obviously agree with you, but some (particualarly 'inspectors') may well feel that it is not the place of individuals to use 'thinking, knowledge and experience' to 'over-ride' the strict word of the regulations to which they are meant to be working.
You really need to invest in a BGB - since otherwise you could end up giving out incorrect information all over the place :)

I presume you mean 133,5 - which, in any event, relates to 'new materials and inventions', not 'thinking, knowledge and experience' and requires the resultant deviation to be noted on an EICR.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
You really need to invest in a BGB - since otherwise you could end up giving out incorrect information all over the place :)
Indeed.

I've started trawling fleabay.

I presume you mean 133,5 - which, in any event, relates to 'new materials and inventions', not 'thinking, knowledge and experience'
My circuit design qualifies as a new invention.

and requires the resultant deviation to be noted on an EICR
There's nothing preventing Mr Jobsworth from doing that.

...and requires the resultant deviation to be noted on an EICR
There's nothing preventing Mr Jobsworth from doing that.
Indeed not - in fact, as I said, BS7671 requires him to do it. So, if Mr Jobsworth is required to record that deviation from compliance with BS7671 on an EICR, would not the person subsequently undertaking an EICR also be expected to record that deviatiation from compliance with BS7671 in the EICR (something for which you said you would take him to court).

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back