is Caulk like putty? how do I use it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a semi decent DIYer but never had to use Caulk before. I have just had a washroom redone from the stone walls back so its resheeted etc. Taper told me to use caulk between the plasterboard and windows etc. I saw the small gap max 1mm as an oportunity to cut in quicker and have done 2 coats and ready to apply the third and last. Should I put the caulk in and paint over it with emulsion or finish painting and then put it in?

Can I just apply this and smooth with a finger. With silicone I use a little fairy up liquid but that wouldnt be a good idea on my new paint. But does this stuff stick and make a mess like silicone?

Sorry for such a basic issue!

cheers

Sponsored Links
Cut the nozzel on the tube to required size for gap.
Apply evenly along the gap, work in acrylic filler with moist finger and allow to dry.
Then when dry paint over the top of it.............Job Done. :cool:

Always make good then paint, even it it does mean the cutting-in is a little harder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back