IS IT AN AIRLOCK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I have been fittting a new bathroom suite today and when I went to turn he water back on there is only 1 hot tap working and its in the kitchen, not the bathroom. Could someone please advise me if this is an airlock and if so how do I go about fixing it. I've heard you need to jet water up the tap from a mains tap using a hosepipe. Is this correct or does anyone know a better way? If anyone reads this I'd really appriciate a quick answer.
Thanks very much indeed,
Steve

Sponsored Links
i take it you DO NOT have a combi, if this is so then yes you are right, but you need some one in the loft to watch for overflow

No its not a Combi.. Thanks so much for the quick reply Beezer. Very much appriciated

Try this b4 you push mains pressure into hot supply. Get a short length of hose and connect it to the hot tap in bathroom basin. Turn on this tap but close all other hot taps. Blow and suck down the hose and this is often enough to clear the blockage. If not go into the loft and connect hose to open vent over main storage tank and try the same from here

Sponsored Links
gerald said:
Try this b4 you push mains pressure into hot supply. Get a short length of hose and connect it to the hot tap in bathroom basin. Turn on this tap but close all other hot taps. Blow and suck down the hose and this is often enough to clear the blockage. If not go into the loft and connect hose to open vent over main storage tank and try the same from here

Perhaps its best not to do that when the hot water is hot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back