Is it best to put a frame for bath panel under the lip of the bath or behind it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's a tin bath, already has a batten on the wall side.
I want to build a frame to help support the bath and fix the panel to it.

I thought if I put the wood behind the lip water may be less likely to get to the inside of the panel?

Thanks
20240205_185316.jpg

Sponsored Links
If it's steel then support is not as big an issue than if it was acrylic, a baton along the wall sides will help seal everything when the silicone is applied. Silicone along the baton and wall edge, push the bath home tight, fill the gaps and smooth out, allows to fully set. Wall covering then another silicone seal.

On the front long side then normally I would fit the panel running up under the lip and then be secured to the floor, possibly with blocks on the floor to screw to.

Sponsored Links
Supporting the bath is the main issue.

I never (given a choice) use wood. I use a two piece composite Type panel. The large section lips under bath and the small section (skirting size) screws to the bottom of the large section holding it in place.
Or the other way. This depends on if there are cuts to be made.

The finish is critical for me, in that everything is solid and the panel is removable for maintenance
Buttons at each end help but not crucial.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back