is it me or the diamond blade, chipped edges?

Discussion in 'Tiling' started by Glenbirnie, 4 Mar 2013.

1. Glenbirnie

Glenbirnie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

Last time I did any proper tiling was in my flat 10 years ago with my dads plasplugs small table top tile cutter with diamond blade, worked perfectly.

I am doing up an old house and have loads to do and never scrimp on tools so had bought a big clinker (used this weekend, brilliant!) and a Vitrex Power Pro 600 (not so brilliant!).

I am using a 30cm square porcelein floor tile and using the saw with the correct blade roation feed and trying different feed speeds from what I consider normal to ridiculously slow and cautious I could not produce one full tile cut without a range of chips from not ideal but kind of acceptable to the occasional big chip.

The only single issue I could find was a very slight wobble in the blade, Im an engineer to trade so Im being really really fussy here. If I put a clock gauge on the blade It would be reading 15 thou swing maybe.

Is it just supplied with a cheap blade to start with or is there something else?

Thanks

2. Sponsored Links
  3. foxhole

foxhole

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The swing would cause a problem with chipping, have a cheap timber table saw and oscillating blade causes very rough cut in timber, you could try reseating the disc.

4. jctilingservices

jctilingservices

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    personally i would think its a case of both, cheap blade and with a bit of help with the blade not running true

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local