Is it normal to have hole under bath?

Sponsored Links
Look like where trap used to sit?. Can't they just screw a bit of plywood across it?.

You mean to tell my down stairs neighbours to seal it up themselves? Whos actually is it? Is it not 50/50 mine and theirs?

Sponsored Links
Does anything hang below the floor boards?

Andy

It looks to me as if the trap must hang below the floorboards.

It's the owner of the baths responsibility to ensure it doesn't leak and to pay for any repairs if it does leak, plus any damaged property.

By the looks of those first set of photo's, the bath has been turned around so the taps and trap are at the opposite end - hence the hole where there used to be a trap.
If there is no need for the hole any more, simply get a piece of wood that will cover it - apply copious sealant around it's perimeter on one side and place it over the hole with a weight that will fit on it.
Tell the people downstairs that you have sealed it, cover your bath up and move on.

Have you got building insurance? that will cover any damage a leak may cause (check).
I don't think you have said if you or those downstairs own or rent the flats? if you rent then this would make it the landlords problem to fix.

And yes, it is normal to find a hole in the floorboards under a bath, low profile traps have not always been available. (I'm not so sure that what you have there is actually a working trap).

If you don't cover it up, what else is anyone expecting you to do? rip your bath out and replace the flooring?

photos will help a lot.

Do they mean a hole in the floorboards, or a hole in their plaster ceiling?
both . they can see his bol!ocks when he gets out of the bath. why don’t you just read it!

id be more concerned that the outlet has been reduced to 32mm and runs uphill. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back