Is it possible to Powerflush and fit in a boiler in a day?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just had a quote for replacing my boiler and the guy said he could powerflush the system and install it in a day. is this timescale realistic :?:

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends on how long his day is :confused: or if he is working on his own etc.

Personally I always allow 2 days for a boiler change and a power flush.

maybe his powerflush consists of 1-2 hr powerflush !! and then a long day, all depends how easy things go...i'd say 2 days also

Sponsored Links
maybe his powerflush consists of 1-2 hr powerflush !! and then a long day, all depends how easy things go...i'd say 2 days also

Just an RGI's input here.

Quoted to pull out a Worcester Heatslave and install a Greenstar with neccessary upgrades.

With 2 people it was a 3 day job, as after powerflushing, all rads had the 'half moon' of cold on them. All rads removed and manually flushed, then system re-powerflushed. I done it free it in my quote as boiler was not working when I priced the job so I didnt know the system was sludged so bad.

So in summary, a powerflush is a waste of time on a badly sludged system!

Dave

Maybe I should have estimated but a quote is a quote and I was happy to do the work free.

Agree Dave, had a couple recently that have needed 'more' than a powerflush.

It is not all that it is sometimes cracked up to be :rolleyes:

How ya doing anyway :?: ;)

Good thanks Dave. Getting over recent events and still repairing those dinasaurs out there!

I hope your well too Dave

David

A good guy would slash the heating pipes somewhere handy to the boiler and connect the machine up first job, that leaves him free to remove the old boiler and fit the new making the final connection as the last job.

How many times have I seem a plumber stand around all day watching, a 6 hour powerflush is actually about 2hrs work.

not helpfull.

All decent RGI's isolate the new boiler on a powerflush.

David

How many times have I seem a plumber stand around all day watching, a 6 hour powerflush is actually about 2hrs work.

How can you stand around during a power flush when you have to keep opening and closing the rads valves in turn?

Tony

Agree with most people, 2 days, you don't know whats in the system untill you start cleaning. To get a good TDS reading can take ages. If its booked for 1 day it has to be thrown in, no such thing as a quick good job!

Pull your fingers out boys, one and a half days for a swap. First day flushing and half day swapping boiler and commisioning.

:LOL: :LOL: ;)

How can you stand around during a power flush when you have to keep opening and closing the rads valves in turn?

Tony

WoW that must take at least 2 mins each time, that means Tony, you open and close a thousand valves during an average power flush :eek: :eek:

No you flush each rad in turn for five minutes in each direction so thats two valves every 10 minutes.

In practice you would flush each in turn to drain first before adding the chemical and starting the serious power flushing with chemicals when the water runs clear.

Tony

To do a powerflush properly can easily take a day if the system is heavily soiled and/or has a lot of limescale in it which is usually the case when it is open vent.
If all the pipework is fine, is a built in, roomstat and valves can stay, you can do a swap in one day. Not often the case though.
Powerflush AND installation in one day? Very unlikely to be done properly.
Just out of interest, what boiler do you have and what is the one quoted for?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back