Spirovent SV3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed on here that many of the heating engineer guys mention having a powerflush before installing a new boiler
But My Installer (Warm Front) have installed the new brand new condensing boiler and filled the system with some sentinel cleaner and left it in the system and have arranged for the Powerflush engineer to come a week later to powerflush the system after the boiler has been fitted and running for a week, nearly all of my radiators are new ones which i have had replaced recently
so why have they not flushed it 1st before fitting the boiler and doing it after its fitted a week or so later, they have also fitted a spirovent SV3 and left me with a bottle of Inhibitor to pass to the powerflush engineer to put in after it has been flushed has any one any ideas why they didnt put the cleaner in the week before new boiler was fitted then powerflush it through the existing system before they fitted the new boiler

Sponsored Links
it's a government fitted free install if i'm right, and warmfront are the contractors , they typically never flush even once when finished installing a system as they are on money per system they fit.

so hence they rush as fast as they can,
most times doing a system of 5/6 rads in a day :eek: .

anyone care to tell how they can fit with quality and do what is required
for a new system!!

you are lucky they even suggested flushing and treating mate ;)

saw one today going in , not a single flush.
people in general don't say anything cos they think it's free and they are embarresd to say so.

when i queried them they didn't like it and said that they are going to do it
within the week :rolleyes:

If you're going to start dissing something at least get the facts right.

Warmfront is the grant scheme not the contractor. Warmfront nominate a contractor to carry out the work.

Do you have statistics to back up the claim that they never even flush even once?

The manufacturers recommend that the system is flushed before the new boiler is installed but in my experience I have found that, on an old system, this quite often means that you have to flush twice as the cleaner needs to run round the system for a few days to get it really clean. A lot of the boilers that we replace are non functioning as well so how are you going to know where the trouble spots are unless you have the system running?

There are bad installers that install for the scheme but there are also those of us that take a pride in our work and do a decent job complete with a proper flush. Compare the contractors on the scheme to another large company like BG. They are always getting slated for bad work but I'm sure it's a minority of their work as well. Take a look around the site at the number of poor jobs that have been done by independents. Bad workmanship is an industry wide problem not something that is limited to one or two large concerns.

i'v probably just seen bad ones, which is everyone i'v seen.
but i know what you saying, i shouldn't tar everyone i suppose.

there will be good ones who do decent work but i'v never come across one. ;)

Sponsored Links
In my previous incarnation as part of the family business I was frequently called in by age concern and trading standards to advise on and rectify shoddy workmanship. I saw a lot more poor quality installs then than I have in my 2 1/2 years with Iguana and I'm now covering a much larger area.

In my previous incarnation as part of the family business I was frequently called in by age concern and trading standards to advise on and rectify shoddy workmanship. I saw a lot more poor quality installs then than I have in my 2 1/2 years with Iguana and I'm now covering a much larger area.

Maybe the chap higher up in the post was right I wasnt in when they came to fit the wireless programmer and stat and they did insist on removing the trv in the room the stat was fitted' but I asked the wife if they used a machine to flush out the system to which she said all she saw him use was a hose pipe with water but no machine so i guess thats their version of a powerflush however he did ask the wife how old the rads were as he wasnt getting any sh**e out of the system only nearly clean water which i suppose when i changed the rads i may have helpled in the cleaning as i did drain the system a few times as i did the radiator changes in stages as some of the stalk need altering to fit the new rads but i suppose if they are charging warmfront for a powerflush they should have at least performed the service unless im wrong and a powerflush is carried out by a hosepipe and some sentinel cleaner ?

Warmfront is the grant scheme not the contractor.

Who are under investigation for irregularities.

Warmfront nominate a contractor to carry out the work.

Main contractor is Iguana, who are also part of the Warmfront scam.
There are other subsidiaries of warmfront/iguana also carrying out installations.

At present time over 5000 complaint are being looked at.

The grant price of £2700 does not exist. Customers are ending up having to pay the additional cost of approximately £405.00

:oops: Warmfront forgot that the £2700 was plus Vat. Or £3105

Any work that is not covered by the grant is then charged at an inflated cost.

Warmfront is the grant scheme not the contractor.

Who are under investigation for irregularities.

Warmfront nominate a contractor to carry out the work.

Main contractor is Iguana, who are also part of the Warmfront scam.
There are other subsidiaries of warmfront/iguana also carrying out installations.

At present time over 5000 complaint are being looked at.

The grant price of £2700 does not exist. Customers are ending up having to pay the additional cost of approximately £405.00

:oops: Warmfront forgot that the £2700 was plus Vat. Or £3105

Any work that is not covered by the grant is then charged at an inflated cost.

Well this contractor wasnt Iguana it was an independent company and yes i did have a contribution to pay which warmfront would not disclose how the calculation was made excpetthat the grant did not cover all the costs so in effect it was a replacement combi however it did haveto be moved to another area to met the regs but the price forthe job of exchanging a boiler of approx £2900 does seem damm step t o me lets say i wouldnt pay that if i had had a contractor to do it but i suppose i cant really complain for a contribution of £400 for a brand new condesning combi and guaranteed for 2 years but there does seem to be a few flaws in the
way they price for things

the main advantage of a powerflush is using acid, which you can't use on the new boiler so the whole idea of doing a powerflush afterward is ticking boxes.
warmfront scam has caused an enormous amount of complaints and when you realise that the majority of people they have installed a new boiler for are oap's, you can imagine how small the tip of the iceberg really is.

i just heard a couple of days ago from someone who was quoted almost 5 or 6 thousand for a warmfront job.

also know someone with a special needs child who was waiting more than a year.

heard rumours that the guys who actually do the work only get a couple of hundred quid for the job.

it seems:

average contribution: 600
boiler: 400?
labour: 400:
grant: 2700

so where does the rest go????

this stinks

Bet they installed an Ideal boiler.

Warmfront are the grant provider, EAGA handle the contracts, Iguan being the main installation contractors amongst their other subsidiaries[/], which can be found on EAGA web page.

Warmfront are the grant provider, EAGA handle the contracts, Iguan being the main installation contractors amongst their other subsidiaries[/], which can be found on EAGA web page.

No it was a glowworm

80% of warm front work are suppose to be ideal boilers,why?because they get them cheap,iguana i believe are going to become eaga services.

[quote="puzzledcustomer01";p="1130422

Well this contractor wasnt Iguana it was an independent company and yes i did have a contribution to pay which warmfront would not disclose how the calculation was made excpetthat the grant did not cover all the costs so in effect it was a replacement combi however it did haveto be moved to another area to met the regs but the price forthe job of exchanging a boiler of approx £2900 does seem damm step t o me lets say i wouldnt pay that if i had had a contractor to do it but i suppose i cant really complain for a contribution of £400 for a brand new condesning combi and guaranteed for 2 years but there does seem to be a few flaws in the
way they price for things[/quote]
how do independent's get work off iguana and is it worth it? .

80% of warm front work are suppose to be ideal boilers,why?because they get them cheap

I wonder why?

A key player in the eaga Heating brand, WarmSure is a joint venture between eaga and Caradon Ideal Limited.

iguana i believe are going to become eaga services.

They are already owned by EAGA.
Their other so called partners are:-

HEAT (Heat, Energy and Associated Technology) joined the eaga Heating brand in December 2006.

RG Francis

JD Heating

You have only to look at the directors background to see how they have, between them, managed to screw the goverment grants. It stinks.

AFR Ltd

80% of warm front work are suppose to be ideal boilers,why?because they get them cheap,iguana i believe are going to become eaga services.

No Eaga Heat.

Iguana get 30% of the grant work plus any works that no one else will do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back