Is it possible to Powerflush and fit in a boiler in a day?

Question everyone should have asked before saying time scale but haven`t is what boiler and controls (rad valves etc) do you have at present.

Edit sorry bengas you asked as i was posting

Sponsored Links
Just out of interest, what boiler do you have and what is the one quoted for?

I currently have a defunct Ferroli Combi 77 FF. The quote is for a Vaillant ecotec pro 28. I have 7 radiators of varying ages but all with adjustable valves.

I've now had three quotes for installation of an ecotec, £2000, £2300 & £2600. These include a wireless room stat.

The £2600 guy seemed to really know his stuff but is £600 more than the cheapest quote. The £2300 said he'd see what colour the water in the system was before flushing it?! Am now unsure who to take on!

imho:
Sometimes a system which has always been sealed and inhibited is clean as a bell, so after 10 minutes you know there's no point doing any more flushing.
Sufficient Flushing, powered or otherwise or whatever, isn't a predictable activity!

Also it depends whether you can use the old flue hole, or the pipes are in the same places, how the condensate is, and so on.

It's certainly possible sometimes, though if the time allowed is restricted to one day, it wouldn't necessarily be done properly.
I have spent 4 days changing a combi!

Btw, spoke to a flushing company (red elephant one) the other day. if the old boiler is dud, they always use the new one to heat the system, flushing with the boiler connected. It's quicker, he said.
It is, but I'd rather they took longer and kept the new boiler clean!

Sponsored Links
I believe it's possible to use the existing flue hole but would need to drill a hole for the drain from the boiler

get their adresses and drive round .......see who has the bigest house/car that`s the one who makes the most profit......not necesarily from volume/quality of jobs.........or get British Gas ...at this moment their shareholders need your help :LOL: drill a hole :idea: ..2 minutes with a sds drill. If they`re old enough ask them about overflow holes with a hammer+ chisel...without breaking off the outer brick...young `uns know nothing , blah, blah, moan

We would charge a fixed price and do whatever flushing is required.

That enables us to quote over the phone and averages out the price between customers. It would only be those with known blocked rads who would have to pay extra.

Tony

No you flush each rad in turn for five minutes in each direction so thats two valves every 10 minutes.

In practice you would flush each in turn to drain first before adding the chemical and starting the serious power flushing with chemicals when the water runs clear.

Tony

Quite !!!!!!! so each radiator takes 10mins, 9 of which is twiddling the thumbs :LOL:

No you flush each rad in turn for five minutes in each direction so thats two valves every 10 minutes.

In practice you would flush each in turn to drain first before adding the chemical and starting the serious power flushing with chemicals when the water runs clear.

Tony

Quite !!!!!!! so each radiator takes 10mins, 9 of which is twiddling the thumbs :LOL:

Not quite if you have a good machine that allows instant reversing. Reverse at different intervals, check that the temperature stays optimum, check that the rads are indeed clean, which more often then not is far from after first go.

This is part of the reason why a lot of people poo poo about powerflushing; if you just hook it up and sit there, half the krab won’t come out.
If you do it right, it can be hard work but unbeatable result.

Do you actually measure how clean the result is?

Beat the rads with a rubber hammer and it will get moving

The amount you lot charge for a powerflush it would be cheaper to fit new rads :LOL: :LOL:

DIA now you are being silly they would not make as much money doing that. ;) :LOL:

I'll need a new saddle soon, any idea how many rads I have to flush for that :eek: ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back