Is It Possible To Wallpaper Over Mirror Tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone tell me if it is possible to wallpaper over mirror tiles? I'm sure I saw chunky blown vinyl wallpaper before just for this purpose but can't see it in shops now. I'm a bit wary of trying to remove them for the safety aspect. They are in an alcove and are seriously ugly.

My plan is to use blown vinyl and paint but not sure if I need to use any special adhesives for the purpose? Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks

Sponsored Links
From the safety aspect, I'm wondering if it's safer to remove the mirror tiles than cover them up. Anyone in the future doing any hammering or drilling etc is going to have a nasty surprise.

How big are the tiles and how are they fixed?

Remember gloves and goggles.

I think they may be fixed with sticky pads and they are roughly 6 inch square tiles. I have tried to remove one and to be honest, thought it might be easier than it actually is as they move slightly if you press on them but I'm worried that that I may cut myself removing them. I was even thinking of putting a piece of plywood or hardboard over them before wallpapering but I'm no pro with a saw and it's an arch-shaped alcove. Still, I'd give it a try to be able to cover up the ugly tiles..lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back